MALA Beads – NZ$30.00 (excludes shipping)
- Handmade using Natural Wood Black Beads (8mm)
- 7x Chakra Coloured Stone Beads
- Full instructions and an affirmations list
- A Guru Pendant ROD (with four sides – i am worthy, i am strong, i am enough, i am loved)
Your MALA meditation beads can be used as a calming tool while you meditate, or while in a quiet space where you seek to calm and quiet the mind. Affirmations or mantras are positive statements that specifically help to interrupt the negative thought patterns or emotions we may have about ourselves. By using your beads to repeat them, you will start to take the affirmations on as beliefs and embrace them as truth.
HOW TO USE:
Your MALA beads have 108x beads plus a pendant, the one that dangles in the middle. 108x is considered a sacred number in Hinduism.
- Select your positive affirmation. An easy way to start is with an affirmation-based mantra: “I am ….”. Choose a third word (strong, enough, worthy, loved ……).
- Find a quiet place (sit on a cushion, bed, chair or the floor), lie down, or sit tall and comfortably. Hold the beads between your middle or index finger and thumb, close your eyes.
- As you repeat your affirmation (either out loud or in your head) turn each bead in between your finger and thumb once on each bead. When you reach the pendant (guru) bead, pause, and take that as an opportunity to honor your pendant (guru) bead. If you wish to keep meditating, reverse the direction of the beads, doing another 108 repetitions in the other direction, until you reach the pendant (guru) bead once again. Do not worry if your mind wanders, simply bring your focus back to your affirmation.
- As you roll each bead INHALE slowly into your belly through your nose, then slowly EXHALE out through your nose.
- You may prefer to just sit and hold, or twirl your beads while you repeat your affirmation to yourself, you may be in silence or play quiet background music, find what works best for you, there are no set rules.
- Use daily or on a regular basis, repetition will allow your positive affirmation to sink into your sub-conscious mind.